- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - October 2019
- Draft Statement of Basis and Purpose: Promulgation of Amendments to Division Rules
- Proposed Rules
- Notice of Emergency Rulemaking - Digital Token Act Registration Exemption - Fees, Notice Filing Forms and Review
- Effective October 1, 2018: Investment Adviser Representative Qualifications Order
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Agency (“FINRA”) made changes to restructure the representative-level qualification examinations by creating a general knowledge examination called the Securities Industry Essentials (“SIE”) examination and transforming the representative-level examinations into specialized knowledge examinations.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Hearing: May 1, 2018
- Draft Statement of Basis and Purpose
- Proposed Rules
- Registration by Coordination Filing Requirements, December 1, 2015
- Emergency Crowdfunding Rules, July 29, 2015
Pursuant to Section 11-51-705, C.R.S. the securities commissioner may honor requests from interested persons for confirmation of the applicability of particular exemptions from securities registration under sections 11-51-307 to 11-51-309 or for other interpretive opinions regarding any other provision of the Colorado Securities Act. The fee for an opinion letter is $100. In response to any request for confirmation or other interpretive opinion received under this section, the securities commissioner may waive any condition imposed under this article as it applies to the person making such a request, also known as a "no action" letter.
In making a request for an interpretative letter, please describe the issue in detail, analyze the circumstances involved, and reference the applicable statute. Examples of past requests for interpretative letters can be found here.
The Division does not issue interpretative letters to anonymous requesters.